Enough struggling with team members—enough feeling frustrated with peers—enough grappling with your boss—enough wrestling with issues!
It’s time for you to tackle your frustrations…
…and influence difficult people with ease.
It’s time for you to have more impact…
…and grow your leadership career.
It’s time to loosen up and flow as a leader…
…and have life be more comfortable.
What’s Going On In Your Work World?
- With whom are you currently struggling?
(Those struggles don’t have to be there.)
- What are your current frustrations?
(You don’t need to keep tolerating them. You can learn how to deal with them.)
- What do you and your boss grapple with?
(Your wish to be more influential can be realised.)
“If You Want It You Can Have It”
Do you remember that song? The chorus says…
“If you want it
You can have it
But you gotta learn
To reach out there and grab it.”
Well, it’s the same deal regarding your longing to remove the struggles, frustrations and stressors that have been plaguing you.
If you want it, you can have it—it being you as an impressive, influential, impactful leader who’s entirely comfortable in your own skin. Sound good?
Don’t Sit In “Second Rate”
I must say, I’m a person of action. When something’s not OK with me, I pretty quickly think through my options—and figure out a plan of action that’ll resolve the problem.
For me, it doesn’t work to put up with difficulties and things that have me feeling uncomfortable and stressed and operating at less-than-my-best.
But I notice that numerous leaders put up with (what I think of as) second-rate. They tolerate their struggles and frustrations when they actually don’t need to.
I understand that’s often because they don’t know what to do to remove those struggles and frustrations.
But there is a way around this…
What’s Been Stopping You?
Now, when you decide you’ve had enough of tolerating second rate, my recommended first step is to figure out what’s been stopping you from taking action, up until now.
Is it that you:
- Don’t know how to handle the situation?
- Haven’t felt confident that you’ll competently deal with it?
- Have a natural tendency to avoid things that feel uncomfortable?
- Haven’t thought through what are the current costs of tolerating the existing state of affairs?As you consider the current costs of your inaction, remember to include your increased stress, the reduced trust others have in you, the increased distance in your relationships, the diminished confidence that shows up when you know you’re side-stepping, your tarnished reputation as a courageous and influential leader—OK, I think you have the picture. I’ll stop there .
Your Action Plan
When you’ve decided that you’re going to turn around your current uncomfortable situations and create your more powerful leadership identity, I recommend that your next step is to contact me for a confidential, complimentary discussion.
We’ll talk through your existing difficulties and I’ll give you my professional suggestions that will have you stepping forward and confronting these and other issues with self-assurance, level-headedness and optimism.
You must make sure you don’t neglect you as a leader.
Your leadership frustrations can be turned around and your impact as a leader escalated.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Carolyn Stevens has worked with leaders for more than 25-years—hundreds of them.
She’s supported leader after leader (including those who previously struggled to confront the difficult, let alone persuasively deal with the it) flourish—and become confident, courageous and impressively influential.
Carolyn is authentic and results-oriented. She draws on an eclectic array of approaches, tools and techniques to suit the situation.